Yesterday, during their X-Summit, Fujifilm officially announced the new GFX100S and it’s a beauty!
It’s the fourth large format mirrorless camera from Fujifilm and really it is the best yet. It is incredible how much punch is packed in this tiny body. Still with all the great features and excellence of this large format sensor. But in less than 1kg and with much better ergonomics! And of course the well-known image quality and colours of Fujifilm.
Fujifilm GFX 100S specs highlights
- 102 megapixels (11648x8736)
- 408 megapixels with Pixel Shift function (requires Fujifilm software Win/Mac)
- Medium format CMOS sensor (1.7 times larger than full frame)
- 5 fps (fastest medium format so far)
- ISO 100-12800 (50-102400 via software)
- 6 stops In Body Image Stabilisation (IBIS)
- 3-way tilting LCD screen
- 4K 30p 4:2:0 in-camera / 4K 30p 4:2:2 ProRes via HDMI
- same battery as the X-T4
I can’t wait to use the Fujifilm GFX 100S in my commercial work and out in the field.
I was already very impressed with the GFX system (and I used medium format extensively in the past) so I know my photos will be absolutely amazing.
Here’s the direct link, in case the embed doesn’t work: https://youtu.be/e8Lf8UpnJOs
What do you think about the new Fujifilm GFX 100S? Will you consider buying it? Have you tried this system before?
And if you have questions about Fuji or medium format, just ask! 🙂