You likely see the “What’s In My Camera Bag” videos all over YouTube. It’s quite a popular topic for several reasons: people are genuinely interested in what professionals use, it satisfies the Gear Acquisition Syndrome, it’s a way for a content creator to put out some affiliate links (they do help), etc.
And even though I do not do too many reviews, I had to publish my own version too. If only to show that you don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune in gear. I like fancy stuff, of course. But I’m a strong advocate of using what serves my purpose efficaciously rather than what’s “cool”.
So, for example, you’ll see that I often use a travel tripod that costs way less than £100 (even less than £50 now!). Or a travel bag rather than a camera bag… This one is for safety, mostly (more on that in the video).
Alright, so what’s in my camera bag? Well, you have to watch the video for my description of each and every piece of kit.
Or you can jump below for a list without my comments about why I use what I use. You can make your purchasing decisions from there.
And here’s the direct link to the video, in case the embed doesn’t work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yguy1bmvBE
I also have created a dedicated list on Amazon and Kit.co, if you find these more useful.
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack Camera Bag 20 L – https://amzn.to/3lSSJAS
- AmazonBasics Camera Bag – https://amzn.to/3fi9y5Q
- Osprey Axis 18 Lifestyle Pack – https://amzn.to/3pRkT1F
- Fujifilm X-T4 – https://amzn.to/39bkiBI
- Fujifilm X-T2 – https://amzn.to/3fsw1NG
- there’s also the X-T3 of course – https://amzn.to/3985ioj
- Fujinon 10-24mm – https://amzn.to/35OT4yY
- Fuji 23mm – https://amzn.to/36R4dP2 (my most used lens)
- Fuji 35mm – https://amzn.to/2UNOsCS
- Fujinon 55-200mm – https://amzn.to/3m4Ngqw
- Fuji 90mm – https://amzn.to/3lRoqdX
- also… Mitakon 35mm F/0.95 – https://amzn.to/3pP6q6h (I talk about it here)
- Samyang 12mm – https://amzn.to/2UMk9fZ
- Samyang 8mm Fisheye – https://amzn.to/3nLz6Lz
- Travel tripod – https://amzn.to/3kQ6P4D
- Studio tripod – https://amzn.to/3kT5nP5
- Mini tripod – https://amzn.to/36VWvmD (good for vlogging as well)
- Panoramic head for tripods – https://amzn.to/36VWwXJ
Of course, I use plenty of accessories as well. Some mentioned in the video some not. But most are in the lists I mentioned earlier 😉
More recently (thanks to the magic of time-travel on a blog), I also published a list of EDC (everyday carry) for photographers… It’s here for you.
See ya all next time!