The Fujifilm X Summit Prime 2021 just ended, and among the news we now have a new GFX camera: the GFX 50S Mark II.
Fujifilm approached me a few months ago to ask if I wanted to test the new camera while still in development. And of course I said yes.
I could not tell anything to anyone or publish any content until today’s event, but now it’s the time!
The Fujifilm GFX 50S II is the latest addition to the GFX Medium Format family and is a rework of a previous model. The sensor is the same but the body is the one that made its appearance with the GFX 100S. Something that is incredibly compact and light.
While I had this camera, I went back to my hometown Florence for 3 weeks and tested the GFX 50S II there in different scenarios. In my latest YouTube video, I show the camera and a few examples of photos I took. And of course, I also give my first impressions of this new amazing camera.
I came back with over 10.000 photos, so there will be a lot more in the upcoming YouTube videos!
I also had the new kit lens that will be sold with it, the GF 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR. This lens shows a few new engineering solutions that keep it compact and affordable without compromising quality.
Paired with the GFX 50S II, it may simply be the perfect combo to travel with.
In this First Impressions video, I talk about the experience and show some photo samples.
Lots of content will follow soon!
I must thank Fujifilm UK for the opportunity and also give huge thanks to my friend Stefano Trojani for filming me 🙂 Check him out on Instagram, at https://instagram.com/strojani
The GFX 50S II series
I created a few pieces of content while in Florence with this camera. Here are all the posts in this series:
- Fujifilm GFX 50S II First Impressions and Photo Samples (this post)
- Fujifilm GFX 50S II Hands-On Review
- Duomo Di Firenze, Photos and Guide | GFX 50S II
- Fujifilm GFX 50S II Street Photography POV
- A Scenic Vlog in Florence with Fujifilm GFX 50S II
And I created a playlist on YouTube with all the videos in the series. Including the ones with the old model as well. You can find it here.
I will add a last chapter for the long-term review in 1-2 years… If I remember to do it, lol
Fujifilm X Summit Prime 2021, September 2021
Lastly, as a quick recap, here’s all that was announced today:
- Fujifilm GFX 50S II – https://amzn.to/3TBYm6L
- Fujinon GF 35-70mm F4.5-5.6 WR
- Fujinon GF 55mm F1.7 development preview
- Fujinon GF 20-35mm development preview
- Fujinon GF Tilt-shift lens development preview
- Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4 II R LM WR – https://amzn.to/3MKoHgL
- Fujinon XF 33mm F1.4 LM WR – read my review here
- Fujinon XF 150-600mm development preview – read my review here
- Fujinon XF 18-120mm photo-video hybrid lens development preview
- new camera sensor for flagship cameras in 2022 (development)
There’s some very, very interesting stuff on this list!