You likely see the “What’s In My Camera Bag” videos all over YouTube. It’s quite a popular topic for several reasons: people are genuinely interested in what professionals use, it satisfies the Gear Acquisition Syndrome, it’s a way for content creator to put out some affiliate links (they do help), etc.
And even though I’m not one that does too many reviews, I had to publish my own version too. If only to show that you don’t necessarily have to spend a fortune in gear. I like fancy stuff, of course. But I’m a strong advocate of using what serves my purpose efficaciously, rather than what’s “cool”.
So, for example, you’ll see that I often use a travel tripod that costs way less than £100 (even less than £50 now!). Or a travel bag, rather than a camera bag… This one for safety, mostly.
Alright, so what’s in my camera bag? Well, you have to watch the video for my description of each and every piece of kit.
Or you can jump below for a list, just without my comments stating the reasons I use what I use.
And here’s the direct link to the video, in case the embed doesn’t work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yguy1bmvBE
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack Camera Bag 20 L – https://amzn.to/3lSSJAS
- AmazonBasics Camera Bag – https://amzn.to/3fi9y5Q
- Osprey Axis 18 Lifestyle Pack – https://amzn.to/3pRkT1F
- Fujifilm X-T4 – https://amzn.to/39bkiBI
- Fujifilm X-T2 – https://amzn.to/3fsw1NG
- there’s also the X-T3 of course – https://amzn.to/3985ioj
- Fujinon 10-24mm – https://amzn.to/35OT4yY
- Fuji 23mm – https://amzn.to/36R4dP2 (my most used lens)
- Fuji 35mm – https://amzn.to/2UNOsCS
- Fujinon 55-200mm – https://amzn.to/3m4Ngqw
- Fuji 90mm – https://amzn.to/3lRoqdX
- also… Mitakon 35mm F/0.95 – https://amzn.to/3pP6q6h (I talk about it here)
- Samyang 12mm – https://amzn.to/2UMk9fZ
- Samyang 8mm Fisheye – https://amzn.to/3nLz6Lz
- Travel tripod – https://amzn.to/3kQ6P4D
- Studio tripod – https://amzn.to/3kT5nP5
- Mini tripod – https://amzn.to/36VWvmD (good for vlogging as well)
- Panoramic head for tripods – https://amzn.to/36VWwXJ
Of course I use plenty of accessories as well, some mentioned in the video some not. But most are in the lists I mentioned earlier 😉
See ya all next time!